Trust has become a primary concern for the future enterprise, but there is a limited body of knowledge on how to professionalise the management of trust.
How can agile trust be integrated into enterprises?
- Why should agile trust be a new part of enterprises?
- What are the elements of agile trust?
- How can agile trust be designed, operationalised and measured across sectors?
- How can agile trust unlock new value for enterprises?
- Trust in data, communication, and decisions
- Trust of stakeholders in an institution, organisation, its products, and services
Out of scope:
- Group dynamics and trust
- Trust between individuals
Develop a proactive and dynamic model for agile trust that results in new sources of competitive advantages. This model will facilitate stakeholder engagement in an increasingly trust-intensive environment.
- Tyge Kummer
- Amisha Mehta
- Michael Rosemann
- Peter Green
- Martin Obschonka
- Wendy Scaife
- Jodie Moll
- Lisa McManus
- Louise Baldwin
- Fahame Emamjome
- Lauren Fell
- Andrew Gibson
- Ellen Tyquin
Actions in 2021:
- SP3-A1: Launch of Trusted Retail Innovation paper, industry engagement (29 April)
- SP3-A2: Development of a conceptual representation of agile trust
- SP3-A3: Develop one-day course for ‘Future Trust Professionals’ (with QUTeX)
- SP3-A4: Develop a design theory and design principles for trust management
Deliverables in 2021:
- First model for trust management framework
- Paper 1 submitted to ICIS 2021
- Paper 2 submitted to Q1 journal
- ARC Linkage submission
- Youi Insurance