You are invited to join CFE’s The Future of…Global Leaders Series
How the automotive industry is changing with self-driving, electric, shared, connected cars
presented by Mario Herger, CEO & Founder, Enterprise Garage Consultancy, Silicon Valley
12noon, 20 August 2020
The combined effect of autonomous driving, electric vehicles, and the sharing economy is on the verge of changing the auto industry―all within the next decade. And this tech/economics revolution will touch virtually every industry.
What exactly will change?
- Jobs: Demand for commercial vehicle drivers, car dealers, mechanics, doctors, and many other professions will shrink
- Laws: Manually driving cars will be forbidden―and car ownership will be almost nonexistent
- Housing: Prices will drop and cities and towns will be planned differently
- Healthcare: Infrastructure will shrink as traffic accidents dramatically decline
- Global trade: China will become the world’s biggest automotive exporter
This presentation reveals the disruptive technologies now taking shape and provides a timeline of when they will take hold. It examines the impact on the industry itself, as well as adjacent sectors, including jobs and professions, city and street design, hospitals, insurances, politics, security, hospitality industry, the oil industry, real estate, and society at large.
Mario Herger is a technology trends researcher and author, innovation strategist, and Founder & CEO of Enterprise Garage Consultancy. Based in Silicon Valley since 2001, the former SAP development manager, advises start-ups, entrepreneurs and Fortune 500 companies, including Harley Davidson Motorcycles, how to discover emerging trends; understand the impact on society, politics and employment; and realise the tipping point to maximise the opportunity earlier. His current book Future Angst, explores the current technology debate in Europe on the impacts of and attitudes
for new technologies.
Other books include:
- The Last Driver’s License Holder Has Already Been Born
- When Monkeys Teach Monkeys: How Artificial Intelligence Will Make Us More Human
- Foresight Mindset: The Art and Science to Design Your Future
- The Silicon-Valley-Mindset: What we can learn from the innovation champions and combine that with our strengths
- Corona as Chance: What will be different after the crisis