PhD (University of Western Sydney), Master of Arts (Macquarie University), BAppSc(Nurs) (University of Sydney)
Professor Ann Bonner is the Director of Research (School of Nursing), Chronic Conditions Management program leader (IHBI), and Visiting Research Fellow at the Kidney Health Service, Metro North Hospital and Health Service where she leads the Renal Nursing Professorial Unit. She is also co-leads the NHMRC Chronic Kidney Disease Centre for Research Excellence (CKD.CRE), is a Visiting Renal Nursing Scholar (Department of Renal Medicine, Princess Alexandra Hospital) and Visiting Nurse Scholar (Logan Hospital). She has published over 130 peer-reviewed journal articles and sits on numerous editorial and review panels. Her program of research is focused on renal health care and models of care that better support people to self-manage their kidney failure.
- Chronic and end stage kidney disease
- Self-management, health literacy, supportive care
- Health service innovation, nurse practitioner
- (2017-2018) A novel bundled intervention (4Ds) to improve adherence with phosphate control in people receiving haemodialysis for end stage kidney disease. Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital Research Postgraduate Scholarship
- (2016-2017) Postdoctoral research fellowships. Queensland Health, Nursing and Midwifery Office of Queensland.
- (2016) Evaluating the implementation of a Kidney Supportive Care Program into a Hospital and Health Service. Australian Centre for Health Service (AusHSI) Implementation Grant.
- (2016) Integrated Chronic Disease Nurse Practitioner Model of Care. Queensland Health.
- (2014-2019) Chronic Kidney Disease Centre of Research Excellence. National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC).
- (2014-2015) Integrated Chronic Disease Nurse Practitioner Model of Care. Queensland Health, Chief Nursing and Midwifery Office.
- (2014) The impact on hospital utilisation and costs of proactive planning for conservative treatment without dialysis in selected patients with advanced kidney disease. Australian Centre for Health Service (AusHSI) Innovation stimulus grant.
- (2014) CKD health literacy. QUT School of Nursing grant.
- (2013-2018) Centre of Research Excellence End of Life Care. National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC).
- (2013-2014) Adaptation of the fluid watcher’s program for people with chronic kidney disease receiving haemodialysis. Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital research project grant.
- (2013-2014) Motivational interviewing for people with end stage kidney disease undergoing dialysis at home to improve treatment adherence: A randomised controlled trial. Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital Foundation nursing and allied health research grant.
- (2013) Establishment of the Renal Nursing Professorial Unit. QUT School of Nursing grant.
- Centre for Research Excellence in End of Life Care
- Primary fund type
- CAT 1 - Australian Competitive Grant
- Project ID
- Start year
- Palliative Care; Supportive Care; Health Services Research; Terminal Care; Access to Health Care; Chronic Diseases; Legal Issues; Consumers; Capacity Building; Policy Development