Our research in this area focuses on:
- Education and evidence based practice
- Dressing and securement
- Flushing and blood sampling
- Devices and therapy
Research project examples
- Prevention of Central Venous Catheter Infection and Occlusion by Needless Connector Design and Disinfection in haematology-Oncology Patients
- Peripherally InSerted Central catheter Securement: the PISCES Trial.
- Development and implementation of best flushing practice to optimise peripheral intravascular catheter patency.
- The FLiP Study: Flushing in Peripheral Intravenous Catheters. Optimising PIVC patency through implementation of best flushing practice.