Doctor of Philosophy (New Mexico State University)
- Australian Solar Thermal Research Initiative (ASTRI) - Node 4 (Materials degradation and asset management)
- Integration of concentrated solar thermal energy for high-temperature industrial process
Professional and community service roles
- Editor, Journal of ASTM International.
- Raud R, Jacob R, Bruno F, Will G, Steinberg T, (2017) A critical review of eutectic salt property prediction for latent heat energy storage systems, Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, 70, pp. 936-944.
- Raud R, Hosterman B, Diana A, Steinberg T, Will G, (2017) Experimental study of the interactivity, specific heat, and latent heat of fusion of water based nanofluids, Applied Thermal Engineering, 117, pp. 164-168.
- Sarvghad Moghaddam M, Bell S, Raud R, Steinberg T, Will G, (2017) Stress assisted oxidative failure of Inconel 601 for thermal energy storage, Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, 159, pp. 510-517.
- Raud R, Cholette M, Will G, Steinberg T, (2016) Analysis of the economic effect of nanoparticle suspension in phase change materials for latent heat thermal energy storage, Proceedings of the 10th Australasian Heat and Mass Transfer Conference: Selected, Peer Reviewed Papers, pp. 117-122.
- Lammerzahl C, Steinberg T, (2015) Drop towers. In DA Beysens & JWA van Loon J, Generation and applications of extra-terrestrial environments on Earth (River Publishers Series in Standardisation, Volume 6), River Publishers, pp. 45-60.
- Hales M, Steinberg T, Martens W, (2014) Synthesis and characterization of titanium sol-gels in varied gravity, Journal of Non-Crystalline Solids, 396-397, pp. 13-19.
- Diana A, Castillo M, Steinberg T, Brutin D, (2013) Asymmetric interface temperature during vapor bubble growth, Applied Physics Letters, 103 (3), pp. 1-4.
- Newton B, Steinberg T, (2009) Adiabatic compression testing - part I: historical development and evaluation of fluid dynamic processes including shock-wave considerations, Journal of the American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) International, 6 (8), pp. 1-18.
- Newton B, Chiffoleau G, Steinberg T, Binder C, (2009) Adiabatic compression testing - part II: background and approach to estimating severity of test methodology, Journal of the American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) International, 6 (8), pp. 1-18.
- Pienaar C, Chiffoleau G, Follens L, Martens J, Kirschhock C, Steinberg T, (2007) Effect of Gravity on the Gelation of Silica Sols, Chemistry of Materials, 19 (4), pp. 660-664.
- Australian Solar Thermal Research Initiative (ASTRI) - Node 4
- Primary fund type
- CAT 1 - Australian Competitive Grant
- Project ID
- Start year
- Energy Efficiency; Solar Chemistry; Solar Thermal; Thermal Storage; Value To The Grid
- Investigation of Combustion Products of Metal Rods in Normal and Reduced Gravity (2017)
- Liquid-Vapour Phase Change: Nucleate Boiling of Pure Fluid and Nanofluid Under Different Gravity Levels (2014)
- Synthesis and Characterisation of Titanium Sol-Gels in Varied Gravity Environments (2012)
- The Flammability of Metallic Materials in Normal and Reduced Gravity (2011)
- Thermal Profile of a Near-Adiabatic Compression Process in a Cylindrical Tube and Establishment of Critical Control Elements for Repeatable Process Control (2011)
- Promoted Ignition Testing: an Investigation of Sample Geometry and Data Analysis Techniques (2007)
- Silica Sol Gel Bulk Gelation in Various Gravity Regimes (2005)
- Modelling of the burning of iron rods in normal gravity and reduced gravity (2004)
- Investigating the combustion mechanisms of bulk meteals through micoranalysis of post-test 3.2mm diameter metallic rods burned in oxygen-enriched atmospheres (2003)