PhD (Queensland University of Technology)
Dr Julia Mascadri is a lecturer in the School of Early Childhood and Inclusive Education within the Faculty of Education. Her research interests include pedagogical practice in early childhood education, intercultural education, epistemic beliefs, and inclusive education.
Julia’s PhD thesis explored early childhood educators’ intercultural competence through the lens of self-authorship. In 2017, she received the Faculty of Education Outstanding Thesis Award, Queensland University of Technology.
- Fives H, Barnes N, Buehl M, Mascadri J, Ziegler N, (2017) Teachers' epistemic cognition in classroom assessment, Educational Psychologist p270-283
- Mascadri J, Lunn J, Walker S, Alford J, (2017) Exploring intercultural competence through the lens of self-authorship, Early Years p217-234
- Scholes L, Lunn J, Walker S, Johansson E, Lawson V, Mascadri J, (2017) Promoting social inclusion in the early years of elementary school: a focus on children's epistemic beliefs for moral reasoning, International Journal of Inclusive Education p507-520
- Dawes L, Loughlin W, Whitehouse H, Adams P, Diezmann C, Nugent M, Whiteford C, Mascadri J, (2017) Transforming the nature and delivery of mathematics and science secondary teacher education in Queensland: Final report, March 2017
- Miller M, Mascadri J, (2016) Cross-cultural challenges and possibilities in early childhood education, The anti-bias approach in early childhood (3rd Edition) p113-125
- Hepple E, Hickling-Hudson A, Mascadri J, (2016) Connecting educationally: The global teacher digital narratives project, Presented at: Connecting educationally: The global teacher digital narratives project
- Lunn J, Walker S, Mascadri J, (2015) Personal epistemologies and teaching, International Handbook of Research on Teachers' Beliefs p319-335
- Brownlee J, Syu J, Mascadri J, Cobb-Moore C, Walker S, Johansson E, Boulton-Lewis G, Boulton-Lewis G, Ailwood J, (2012) Teachers' and children's personal epistemologies for moral education: Case studies in early years elementary education, Teaching and Teacher Education p440-450