The project involved:
(1) Coroners’ reports: data coding, analysis and interpretation of a data source (160 coroners’ reports) that had not been previously analysed by:
- Type [group] of drug including those that have been implicated in crashes [urban studies] and have high use in general and found in misuse states, insomnia treatment, etc.;
- Poly drug use with/without alcohol;
- Level of drug use (therapeutic or potentially abusive);
- Drug warnings available;
- Characteristics of the crash including type of crash, driver and driving conditions.
(2) Community survey: analysis and interpretation of existing survey data selected for rural and remote respondents on their use, knowledge and attitudes towards licit drug use.
Funding / Grants
- Institute of Health and Biomedical Innovation (IHBI) Injury Prevention and Trauma Management Seeding grant (2015)