Road safety is an issue of global concern. CARRS-Q has a mission to make an international impact on transport, occupational and community safety by conducting high-quality research, education and advocacy. We actively identify and build strong collaborative partnerships with key international organisations ready to engage in capacity-building initiatives
CARRS-Q is committed to the United Nations Decade of Action for Road Safety and to participating internationally in efforts to promote road safety and reduce road fatalities and injuries through our research.
We are an internationally recognised research Centre, and our researchers collaborate on important global topics and contribute to internationally significant road safety research. Our internationally recognised team of road safety experts are regularly commissioned to undertake research in international road safety.
With the largest program of postgraduate research students in road safety and injury prevention, cross-cultural research is an integral part of our work, and we encourage our students to undertaken research both in Australia and overseas.
More information on our international and cross-cultural research projects is available here.
- disability and road safety in Cambodia
- steep and hazardous roads in Malaysia
- influence of fatalism and superstition on road safety in Pakistan
- factors influencing the safety of motorcycle rickshaws as a transport mode in Pakistan
- modelling the influence of road and travel variables on pedestrian safety in Ethiopia
- alcohol-related crash risk for drivers and pedestrians in Ghana
- development of a compendium of best practice motorcycle safety interventions for APEC countries
- analysing responses to speed camera operations in Oman
- planned behaviour to speeding in Saudia Arabia
- occupational hazards and education of bus drivers in the Philippines
CARRS-Q delivers international capacity building programs, working with government, industry and communities to inform policy and implement solutions.
Dr Mark King: email@example.com or +61 7 3138 4546.