CARRS-Q welcomes interns (visting research students) from overseas universities and partner organisations.
What can we offer our Interns?
- A placement with CARRS-Q to further develop your skills in your current area of tertiary study or field of expertise.
- We work with our interns to help develop research leadership and development skills, and enhance existing practical research skills.
- We work with you and your supervisor to develop a training plan, with a primary objective to advance your learning and understanding.
What do we expect of our Interns?
- Undertake tasks in an independent but consultative way;
- Manage the research timeline;
- Report on progress at least weekly;
- Attend campus for the hours agreed on by the CARRS-Q supervisor and the intern; and
- Abide by the workplace health and safety requirements of QUT and CARRS-Q.
CARRS-Q will provide office supplies including a desk, desktop PC and landline telephone. The intern is responsible for all other costs including food, lodging, medical expenses and the round-trip travel costs.
Our interns include:
|2019||Amir Mosavi – Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU)|
|2018||Jeremy Leroy – French Institute of Science and Technology for Transport (IFSTTAR)|
|Jorge Pardo – Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México (UNAM), Mexico|
|Michael Gerber – Ludwig Maximilian University, Munich Germany|
|Yujia Wang – Tongji University, China|
|2017||Florian Wirth – Ludwig Maximilian University, Munich Germany|
|Sophia Lu – University of Philippines|
|2016||Sanaz Kazemzadehazad — Kntu University, Iran|
|Paolo Perego — Catholic University of the Sacred Heart, Research Unit of Traffic Psychology, Italy|
|2015||Valentina Varvaro — University of Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Italy|
|2013||Gabriel Ludington — Ecole Nationale des Travaux Publics de l’Etat, France|
|Bruno Nasone — Ecole Nationale des Travaux Publics de l’Etat, France|
|Thierry Gruber — Technical University of Denmark, France|
|Sabine Wollstadter — Leuphana University Luneburg, Germany|
|2012||Etienne Hombourger — Ecole Nationale des Travaux Publics de l’Etat, France|
|Marius Schmid — Scheffold Grammar School, Germany|
|Lea Pureur — Ecole Nationale des Travaux Publics de l’Etat, France|
|Segolene Jacquotte — Ecole Nationale des Travaux Publics de l’Etat, France|
- Please email your CV, details of your current area of study and proposed dates of your internship to email@example.com.
- Should an academic staff member is available to supervise your internship, we will contact you to discuss your application further, including your expectations of the position.
- Internships are unpaid, and available on a temporary basis.