Study as an International Student
Join CARRS-Q and you will study with an internationally recognised research Centre, with the largest program of postgraduate research students in road safety and injury prevention. We offer two pathways to higher degree research: a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) and a Master of Philosophy (MPhil). Both degrees are administered and awarded by QUT.
We were honoured to recently receive an international award in recognition of our leadership in the education of future road safety professionals. Awards judges noted the number of students studying with CARRS-Q “had a significant effect in building capacity in many states and countries”. Find out more
Our research supervisors are internationally recognised experts, who collaborate on important global topics and contribute to internationally significant road safety research. Cross-cultural research is an integral part of our work, and we encourage our students to undertaken research both in Australia and overseas.
We support our students with access to the QUT Faculty of Health Research Services team, QUT International student support services and events, and a diverse range of student and Centre activities.
- You will need to check that you meet QUT course entry requirements
- CARRS-Q is home to a diverse team of researchers – look into our team, and align your research interests with a potential supervisor
- Submit your tailored research proposal and supporting documents, including:
- Your CV, including a list of your publications
- An overview of your research interests and prior research or industry experience
- By following this process, we can assess supervisor suitability and capacity, and we may be able to provide feedback on your proposal (including advising whether your academic record will meet the QUT entry requirements)
- Read more on your scholarship options
- Complete and submit an FR form. As a fee is payable to QUT to submit this form, we would recommend seeking feedback from a potential supervisor initially.
- When you choose to study with CARRS-Q, you may start your PhD or MPhil at a time that suits you
QUT International Admissions process your application and will advise if, for example, you meet the academic criteria but do not meet the English score required. You may be offered a conditional place with a requirement to achieve the English score within a specified period (usually one-year) before you may accept the offer.
- For more information on studying with CARRS-Q, please contact our Education & International Development Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone +61 7 3138 4905.
- For online enquiries regarding, for example, course costs and scholarship details, use the AskQUT online facility.
- Find out more about student life in Brisbane by visiting HiQ.
- Student visa information is available here. We invite our students to apply to work with CARRS-Q during their period of study and ask that you consider the work restrictions applied to your visa by the Australian Government.