CARRS-Q delivers capacity-building road safety and injury prevention courses, seminars and training tailored to the needs of individual agencies or countries.
- We work in the fields of transport, work-related injury and community safety.
- Our researchers have extensive real world experience in the implementation of road safety initiatives by government and non-government agencies, and ongoing academic practice.
- We have delivered courses in Australia for Australian agencies, and internationally to China, Indonesia and Malaysia. We host international agencies at our base in Brisbane, Australia.
We work with our clients to:
- Develop an understanding of the context of road safety in specific to the country or region, including:
- Existing institutional arrangements, for example the agencies involved and their interactions; and
- Economic factors, demographic and geographic challenges, and social and cultural considerations.
- Determine the appropriate agencies and staff categories to target, the right balance between content and practice and the time and follow-up required.
- As much as possible, we involve local experts in the courses, to contribute to a community of road safety exchange of information, and practice.
In partnership with the Australia Award Fellowships (formerly AusAID), CARRS-Q has supported future leaders in road safety and traffic policing from Pakistan and China. These programs enhance leadership capacity by providing dedicated training for police and educators in evidence-based principles and practices of traffic law enforcement and emergency response.
Photo: CARRS-Q has a well-established relationship with Zhejiang Police College, Hangzhou, China and annually hosts a visit of police cadets who attend lectures in road safety, public health-related research, law and corruption, in addition to delivering road safety education workshops to the cadets in China.
Education & International Development Officer: email@example.com or +61 7 3138 4905.