Study with Us
CARRS-Q provides high quality, future-focused postgraduate research education for graduates from a wide variety of disciplines on a diverse range of topics.
Join us to achieve our vision for a safer world, in which harm is uncommon and unacceptable.
Choose to study a postgraduate degree with CARRS-Q, and you will join an internationally recognised research centre. We are a multidisciplinary team, with established links to key state, national and international government, industry, research centres and universities. CARRS-Q is situated within the Faculty of Health and conducts transdisciplinary research with other areas within QUT, such as Science and Engineering Faculty, School of Optometry & Vision Science, School of Electrical Engineering & Computer Science and Urban Informatics.
We offer our postgraduate students the opportunity to conduct innovative research and develop new technology to shape our safe future. Our dedicated supervisory team have wide-ranging expertise and will support your studies to publish your research in top-ranking journals.
QUT is committed to preparing students today, for the real world tomorrow. Find out more.
Looking for a professional development program? As Australia’s leading institution for the education of road safety professionals in Australia, we design our courses to meet the needs of government and industry. Our facilitators and guest speakers are active road safety professionals from industry and government.
Explore our study areas
- QUT-awarded Doctor of Philosophy and Master of Philosophy research degrees, in road safety, crash and injury prevention, and traffic and transport improvement
- QUT Faculty of Health elective Undergraduate units, in Traffic Psychology and Behaviour (PYB372) and Applying Traffic Psychology (PYB374)
Visiting Research Placements
- Internships for students from international universities and partner organisations
Professional training and development
- Professional training and development for road safety practitioners, policy-makers and researchers
Capacity Building programs
- Customised capacity building programs for government and industry, delivered across Australia and internationally
CARRS-Q recently received the prestigious Prince Michael International Road Safety Award, for outstanding contribution to improving road safety. On 11 December 2018, His Royal Highness Prince Michael of Kent presented the award for our postgraduate education program, in recognition of CARRS-Q’s leadership in educating future road safety professionals.
The judges were impressed by the numbers of Masters and PhD students training with CARRS-Q which “had a significant effect in building capacity in many states and countries”. Find out more
If you are interested in making a change in your community or work environment, contact Education & International Development Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org or +61 7 3138 4905.