CARRS-Q has once again collaborated with Budget Direct in the production of an informative resource aimed at keeping you safe on the road, not only during Road Safety Week, but always.
Queensland Road Safety Week is a chance for all Queenslanders to be involved in making our roads safer.
Each day of the Week focused on different road safety issues:
- Monday: pedestrians – Pedestrians are one of the most vulnerable types of road users
- Tuesday: Motorists – Motorists make up the largest percentage of people killed
- Wednesday: Heavy vehicle operators – Heavy vehicles require extra consideration from other road users
- Thursday: Cyclists – 193 cyclists have died on Australian roads in the last five years
- Friday: Motorcyclists – Motorcyclists account for 17% of all road fatalities
“Every year Queensland sees hundreds of horrific injuries including fatalities. This year there has already been 157 deaths in our state alone. Road Safety Week 2018 is all about learning how we can safely share the road with every type of road user, from heavy vehicle operators down to pedestrians.
Our interactive resource, created with CARRS-Q, has been designed to help Queenslanders refresh their road rules knowledge and highlight the importance of practising safe driving behaviours to protect everyone on our roads.”
Gerry O’Shaughnessy – Community Manager, Auto & General.
Join the Drive to learn more about the week’s events.
Queensland Road Safety Week is an initiative of Department of Transport and Main Roads and Queensland Police Service, and is actively supported by CARRS-Q, RACQ and the Motor Accident Insurance Commission (MAIC).
Kim Smith, Marketing & External Relations Coordinator: +61 7 3138 4568 or firstname.lastname@example.org.