The objective of the program is to create a new generation of experts in sugar milling technologies who can provide R&D and consulting services into the future, for the long term benefit to the sugar industry.
Under this program, funding was provided to appoint three new staff members in 2019, and to allow the appointment of a further staff member each year for five years.
Milling Matters articles:
- Meng, Lidan, Li, Kai, Li, Jianbin, Shang, Yuhao, Cui, Fei, Hou, Chuxuan, Wang, Qi, Hang, Fangxue, Li, Wen, Shi, Changrong, et al. (2021) Understanding the pathways for irreversible aggregate clusters formation in concentrated sugarcane juice derived from the membrane clarification process LWT, 151, pp.Article number: 112204.
- Shi, Changrong, Rackemann, Darryn, Bakir, Hakan, Doherty, William, Allsopp, Peter (2020) Assessment of microbial degradation in factory mixed juice and filtrate Proceedings of the 42nd Australian Society of Sugar Cane Technologists.Vol. 42., Proceedings of the Australian Society of Sugar Cane Technologists Conference, pp.307-314.
- Shi, Changrong, Rackemann, Darryn, Moghaddam, Lalehvash, Wei, Baoyao, Li, Kai, Lu, Haqin, Xie, Caifeng, Hang, Fangxue, Doherty, William (2019) Ceramic membrane filtration of factory sugarcane juice: Effect of pretreatment on permeate flux, juice quality and fouling Journal of Food Engineering, 243, pp.101-113.
- Ge, Yanjing, Li, Kai, Xie, Caifeng, Xu, Yongshi, Shi, Changrong, Hang, Fangxue, Doherty, William (2021) Formation of Volatile and Aroma Compounds during the Dehydration of Membrane-Clarified Sugarcane Juice to Non-Centrifugal Sugar Foods, 10 (7), pp.Article number: 1561.
- Zhu, Zhongyan, Xie, Caifeng, Li, Wen, Hang, Fangxue, Li, Kai, Shi, Changrong, Doherty, William (2020) Nutritional and antioxidant properties of non-centrifugal cane sugar derived from membrane clarified juice LWT, 131, pp.Article number: 109717.
- Guo, Liyun, Lu, Haiqin, Rackemann, Darryn, Shi, Changrong, Li, Wen, Li, Kai, Doherty, William (2021) Quaternary ammonium-functionalized magnetic chitosan microspheres as an effective green adsorbent to remove high-molecular-weight invert sugar alkaline degradation products (HISADPs) Chemical Engineering Journal, 416, pp.Article number: 129084.
- Shi, Changrong, Xie, Caifeng, Zhang, Zhanying, Rackemann, Darryn, Wei, Baoyao, Hang, Fangxue, Lu, Haiqin, Li, Kai, Doherty, William O.S. (2021) Sugar and value-added products derived from retentate concentrate of sugarcane juice Journal of Cleaner Production, 278, pp.Article number: 123915.