Doctor of Philosophy (Queensland University of Technology), Doctor of Philosophy (Roma Tre University), Master's degree (Roma Tre University), Bachelor's degree (Roma Tre University)
Dr Fabio Manca is an environmental scientist in the Sustainable Agriculture program at the Centre for Agriculture and Bioeconomy. His research interests cover the use of agricultural technologies for water quality improvement and carbon balance quantification. He has successfully trialled denitrifying woodchip bioreactors on Queensland farms to remove nitrogen from groundwater and surface water. He is currently working on the application of eddy covariance flux towers to monitor soil carbon sequestration from grasslands.
- Data platform for increasing soil carbon in Australia agricultural systems
- Measuring soil Carbon in grazing systems using non-destructive flux techniques
- Time controlled Grazing for Soil C sequestration and improved ecosystem services
- Manca F, De Rosa D, Reading L, Rowlings D, Scheer C, Schipper L, Grace P, (2021) Effect of soil cap and nitrate inflow on nitrous oxide emissions from woodchip bioreactors, Ecological Engineering, 166.
- Christianson L, Cooke R, Hay C, Helmers M, Feyereisen G, Ranaivoson A, McMaine J, McDaniel R, Rosen T, Pluer W, Schipper L, Dougherty H, Robinson R, Layden I, Irvine-Brown S, Manca F, Dhaese K, Nelissen V, von Ahnen M, (2021) Effectiveness of denitrifying bioreactors on water pollutant reduction from agricultural areas, Transactions of the ASABE, 64 (2), pp. 641-658.
- Manca F, Wegscheidl C, Robinson R, Argent S, Algar C, De Rosa D, Griffiths M, George F, Rowlings D, Schipper L, Grace P, (2021) Nitrate removal performance of denitrifying woodchip bioreactors in tropical climates, Water (Switzerland), 13 (24).
- Wegscheidl C, Robinson R, Manca F, (2021) Using Denitrifying Bioreactors to Improve Water Quality on Queensland Farms, .
- Manca F, De Rosa D, Reading L, Rowlings D, Scheer C, Layden I, Irvine-Brown S, Schipper L, Grace P, (2020) Nitrate removal and greenhouse gas production of woodchip denitrification walls under a humid subtropical climate, Ecological Engineering, 156.
- Manca F, Viaroli S, Mazza R, (2017) Hydrogeology of the Sabatini Volcanic District (Central Italy), Journal of Maps, 13 (2), pp. 252-259.