PhD (Griffith University), Bachelor of Science(Honours) (Griffith University)Research theme: Environment, Food Research discipline: Biogeoscience Research area
- Improving Giant Freshwater Prawn Aquaculture in the Pacific
- Investigating the Systematic Relationship Among Northern and Southern Hemisphere Ostrea Oysters
- Hurwood D, Singh S, Dammannagoda Acharige S, Nandlal S, Mather P, (2014) Experimental evaluation of the culture performance of three exotic and a 'local' Giant Freshwater Prawn (Macrobrachium rosenbergii, De Man 1879) culture strain in Fiji, Aquaculture Research, 45 (6), pp. 961-972.
- Adamson E, Hurwood D, Mather P, (2012) Insights into historical drainage evolution based on the phylogeography of the chevron snakehead fish (Channa striata) in the Mekong Basin, Freshwater Biology, 57 (11), pp. 2211-2229.
- Dinh H, Coman G, Hurwood D, Mather P, (2012) Experimental assessment of the utility of visible implant elastomer tags in a stock improvement programme for giant freshwater prawn (Macrobrachium rosenbergii) in Vietnam, Aquaculture Research, 43 (10), pp. 1471-1479.
- Jung H, Lyons R, Dinh H, Hurwood D, McWilliam S, Mather P, (2011) Transcriptomics of a giant freshwater prawn (macrobrachium rosenbergii): De Novo assembly, annotation and marker discovery, PLoS One, 6 (12), pp. 1-14.
- Bryant L, Hurwood D, Donnellan S, Fuller S, (2011) Phylogenetic relationships and divergence date estimates among Australo-Papuan mosaic-tailed rats from the Uromys division (Rodentia: Muridae), Zoologica Scripta, 40 (5), pp. 433-447.
- Dammannagoda Acharige S, Hurwood D, Mather P, (2011) Genetic analysis reveals two stocks of skipjack tuna (Katsuwonus pelamis) in the northwestern Indian Ocean, Canadian Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences, 68 (2), pp. 210-223.
- Malecha S, Mather P, Hurwood D, (2010) Genetics. In MN Kutty, M Bernard, WC Valenti, JH Tidwell & LR D'Abramo, Freshwater Prawns: Biology and Farming, Blackwell, pp. 278-315.
- Fawcett J, Hurwood D, Hughes J, (2010) Consequences of a translocation between two divergent lineages of the Paratya australiensis (Decapoda:Atyidae) complex: reproductive success and relative fitness, Journal of the North American Benthological Society, 29 (3), pp. 1170-1180.
- Adamson E, Hurwood D, Mather P, (2010) A reappraisal of the evolution of Asian snakehead fishes (Pisces, Channidae) using molecular data from multiple genes and fossil calibration, Molecular Phylogenetics and Evolution, 56 (2), pp. 707-717.
- Hurwood D, Adamson E, Mather P, (2008) Evidence For Strong Genetic Structure in a Regionally Important, Highly Vagile Cyprinid (Henicorhynchus lobatus) in the Mekong River Basin, Ecology of Freshwater Fish, 17 (2), pp. 273-283.
- Adult Male Morphotype Variation in Giant Freshwater Prawn (Macrobrachium rosenbergii): Genomic and Experimental Analysis of Factors Affecting the Male Social Dominance Hierarchy (2017)
- Identification and characterization of candidate genes influencing salinity tolerance in Macrobrachium australiense: a model for the molecular basis of colonization of low ionic environments (2017)
- Understanding the Molecular Basis of Adaptation to Freshwater Environments by Prawns in the Genus Macrobrachium (2017)
- Effects of Temperature and Salinity on Growth Performance in Cultured Tra Catfish (Pangasianodon Hypophthalmus) in Vietnam (2015)