What is the BridgeTech Program?
The BridgeTech Program is an award-winning professional development program for effectively navigating the medtech commercialisation pathway.
The year-long program offers specific training on the scientific, legal, financial, clinical, regulatory and reimbursement components of medtech commercialisation, complemented by a series of industry-focused events, activities and seminars.
The program is suited to professionals looking to expand their commercialisation knowledge and networks, including:
- mid-career researchers and scientists
- medtech inventors, entrepreneurs and innovators
- clinicians and healthcare workers
- venture capitalists
- legal practitioners including IP lawyers and patent attorneys
- business development managers and tech transfer professionals
- staff from government agencies.
Experience in the sector and a demonstrated interest in medtech commercialisation is essential.
- Learn from interactive online modules delivered by QUT at your own pace from anywhere around Australia.
- Hear from high-profile speakers in our seminar series including industry leaders and executives from our partner organisations.
- Connect with representatives from our industry partner organisations.
- Network with peers at events including our three-day Symposium.
- Join an alumni community of over 900 industry professionals.
- Pitch your ideas or product and receive invaluable feedback from industry experts as part of our pitch training.
- You’ll be eligible to apply for the Bridge and BridgeTech Industry Fellowships Program, which offers an industry placement fellowship valued at $10k.
Course structure and delivery
The program’s online modules are hosted on QUT’s interactive online learning platform.
There are four modules to complete, focused on commercialisation and medtech development:
- Sector characteristics – pathways and players
- Research commercialisation planning
- Navigating regulatory and reimbursement pathways
- Entrepreneurial skills to optimise commercialisation.
You can complete the modules throughout the year at your own pace.
Events and activities
The program hosts an event and seminar series, held in different locations around the country throughout the year. These events are livestreamed for interstate participants.
Events are co-hosted with our industry and university partner organisations, and include onsite facility tours and networking sessions. To make the most of the industry networking opportunities, we highly recommend attending events in person.
2023 Symposium event
The flagship event of the program is a 3-Day Symposium, to be held from 12 – 14 July in Melbourne. This event includes:
- in-depth seminars and industry case studies
- an industry–hosted collaborative activity
- an invitation to the Gala dinner
- invaluable networking opportunities with fellow participants and medtech industry leaders.
As a minimum requirement, to complete the program you’ll need to:
- complete at least 80% of the online learning component
- attend the 3-Day Symposium.
The time it takes to complete the modules will depend on your prior knowledge and experience. Combined with participating in events, the program can take approximately one day per month to complete.
Participants gain the most benefit when they attend as many events as they can, engage with the course content and collaborative activities, and make the most of the networking opportunities.
The BridgeTech Program is subsidised by our industry partners and government as part of an initiative to grow Australia’s medtech industry capabilities, so there are no fees to be involved in the program.
Travel and accommodation are to be self funded for the Symposium. Your entry fee, food and beverages are covered during the event.