BBus (Hons), PhD
BBus (Hons), PhD
Byron Keating is a Professor of Service Systems in the QUT Business School. He is also Director of the Service Innovation Lab, a service-focused management and research consultancy based in Canberra.
Byron has a strong focus on industry engagement. He was Vice President of the Service Science Society of Australia (2010-15) and is on the International Advisory Board for the Service Education and Research Initiative (2009+). Byron was also the sole academic representative on the Australian Government’s Services Leaders Group (2013-14).
His research interests are concerned with the role of emerging technologies in supporting the design and delivery of complex services. This interest began with his PhD research which examined the impact of the Internet on service delivery and consumption, and continues today in the areas of social media, location-based services, and big data. This research has been acknowledged by numerous awards including two international dissertation awards, an Endeavour Fellowship to work with the National University of Singapore examining the impact of ethics within service supply chains, and most recently, an ARC Linkage Industry Fellowship to further his work on service experience within Australian cultural institutions.
Projects (Chief investigator)
- Applying a Transformative Research Lens to Understanding Recreational Drug Use Among Young Adults
- Employment Pathways for Young Adults with Psychosocial Disability
- Examining Multi-Level Alignment in Employment Services
- Improving the capacity of small businesses to employ people with disability
- Supply-Side Innovation in Disability Employment Services