Project dates: 2022 - Ongoing
This project focuses on the development of supply-side capabilities to support the provision of more innovative employment services for people with disability.
Why is this important?
There is considerable disruption predicted for disability sector in the coming years, and more research is needed to establish a stronger evidence base for what works and what doesn’t.
What will we do?
A key feature of the project will be the development of an innovation platform that will facilitate: (i) better collaboration among the key actors within the employment service ecosystem; (ii) better identification of the resources and infrastructure needed to support innovation; (iii) renovation of the policies, processes and systems that inhibit innovation; in order to support (iv) ideation of new business models that will lead to improved service delivery outcomes. A key element of this new platform will be enhanced intelligence and analytics to guide better evidence-based decision-making. This has been desperately needed for many years, and the insights that this platform will contribute to a more coordinated response to the persistent challenge of assisting persons with a disability to more fully participate in the Australian labour market.
Funding / Grants
- ARC Industry Transformation Training Centre (IC210100008) (2021 - 2026)
Other Team Members
- Keating, B., Keramat, S.A., Beatson, A., Mulcahy, R., Riedel, A., Waller, I., & Hashmi, R. (2022). Understanding employment mode trajectories for people with disability (working paper).
- Keating, B., Keramat, S. A., Waller, I., & Hashmi, R. (2022). Job Satisfaction Dynamics: How Do They Impact Employment Mode Choice for the People with Disability?
- Keramat, S. A., Alam, K., Keating, B., Ahinkorah, B. O., Aboagye, R. G., Seidu, A. A., ... & Comans, T. (2022). Morbid obesity, multiple long-term conditions, and health-related quality of life among Australian adults: Estimates from three waves of a longitudinal household survey.
- Keramat, S. A., Alam, K., Rana, R. H., Shuvo, S. D., Gow, J., Biddle, S. J., & Keating, B. (2021). Age and gender differences in the relationship between obesity and disability with self-perceived employment discrimination: Results from a retrospective study of an Australian national sample.
- Keating, B. (2022). Institutional context and its impact on disability employment services (Presentation at DEA Leaders Forum, 24 November 2022).
- Keating, B. (2021). Adapt, change, transform (ACT): Delivering disability employment services in a changing world (Presentation to DEA Leaders Forum, 18 November 2021).
- Keating, B. (2022). Great debate: Turning policy into best practice (Presentation at DEA Conference, 2 June 2022).