Program Lead: Professor Louisa Coglan
Effective and appropriate use of agricultural and natural resource is the foundation for a healthy economy and society. Our program employs interdisciplinary research methods to protect our environment, natural resources and agricultural sectors for future generations.
- How do we develop green business models that facilitate behavioural adoption by agricultural producers?
- How do international and domestic regulatory environments drive sustainable behaviour change?
- What are the barriers and motivators for consumers to adopt ‘socially-unacceptable’ eco-friendly food products?
- How can economic and social benefit for all users be maximised through shared natural resources?
These are some of the research questions being investigated by the BEST Centre.
- Information for better decision-making in fisheries and aquaculture
- Behaviours that protect Australian food industries
- Consumer decision-making and preferences for sustainable food