Nudgeathon 2021 was held over three days:
26-28th Sept 2021 at QUT.
Nudgeathon is a behavioural change competition, in which teams develop solutions to real-life social issues.
BEST were pleased to announce the Queensland Department of Health as the 2021 topic sponsor!
This year, we invited teams of students, undergraduate and/or postgraduate, as well as teams from government departments, agencies and the private sector from all across Australia to compete in a two and a half-day Nudgeathon.
Using principles of behavioural science, 12 teams worked on a problem brief titled, “Data Access Governance for Health Data” and presented their solutions to a panel of expert judges from academia, Queensland Health and BETA. Winners were announced on day three, with the following teams taking home awards:
- 1st Place: UQ CHSR Health Economics Team (Chad Wright, Kim-Huong Nguyen, Thomas Bizzell & Danelle Kenny)
- 2nd Place: Griffith Business School Team (Meghan Olsen, Murooj Yousef, Grace Hardy & Joshua Coulson)
- 3rd Place: BEST Centre QUT Team (Taryn Casey, Iván Aranzales Acero, Nikita Ferguson & Alexandra Zimbatu)
- People’s Choice: University of Sydney Team (Alex Berger, Jaz Judd, Avery Liang & Emily Shaw)
To view the Nudgeathon 2021 program and brief, please click the links below:
We would like to sincerely thank all who competed in this year’s Nudgeathon, as well as all who helped organize and facilitate the event. The full list of teams who competed can be found below:
- UQ Economics Team 1 (Bhagya Gunawardena, Aarushi Dhingra, Pimwilai Kijjanapanich & Christopher Shadforth)
- UQ Economics Team 2 (Thi Thao Nguyen, Abigail Smith, Lachlan Fitzgerald & Saumya Deliwala)
- UQ Master of Business Psychology Team (Carly Roberts, Ciara Power, Ben Austin & Ned Carrick)
- UQ CHSR Health Economics Team (Chad Wright, Danelle Kenny, Tom Bizzell & Kim-Huong Nguyen)
- BEST Centre QUT Team (Taryn Casey, Iván Aranzales Acero, Nikita Ferguson & Alexandra Zimbatu)
- Griffith Business School Team (Meghan Olsen, Murooj Yousef, Grace Hardy & Joshua Coulson)
- Griffith Social Marketing Team (Jay Naidu, Morgan Darcy, Kailas Jenkins & Sabryna Sas)
- University of Southern Queensland Team (Nipuna Edirisingha, Kate Osborne, Chloe Westendorf & Emma Cullen)
- Queensland Health Team (Rebecca Wakefield, Duncan Pullen, Jacky Hung & Leah Martin)
- University of Melbourne Team (Wen Xing (Cindy) Wu, Chen (Madison) Shen, Christopher Long & Zachary Chakhvorostov)
- University of Sydney Team (Alex Berger, Jaz Judd, Avery Liang & Emily Shaw)
- University of Canberra Team (Paige Mackie, Matthew Knight, Madeleine Spink & Terri Challen)
If you’re interested in being a future topic sponsor for the Nudgeathon 2022 event, please contact Dr Stephen Whyte (firstname.lastname@example.org).
To view the full photo gallery for Nudgeathon 2021, click HERE.