3rd Annual BEST Conference on Human Behaviour &
Decision Making 2021
In 2021, the BEST Centre hosted the 3rd annual “BEST Conference on Human Behaviour and Decision Making” on Thursday 11th & Friday 12th February at the Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane Australia.
To view the Conference program for the BEST Conference 2021, follow the link below:
CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE BEST CONFERENCE 2021 PROGRAM
The Centre for Behavioural Economics, Society and Technology (BEST) is a national and international leader in applied behavioural research. The Centre draws on QUT’s expertise in Behavioural Insights, such as applied in economics and social marketing, while leveraging and amplifying QUT’s expertise in health, science, technology and creative industries. The BEST Centre brings together researchers interested in applying Behavioural Insights to address real world problems in close collaboration with government, industry and the not-for-profit sector.
The conference will bring together academic, private sector and policy researchers to share, learn and collaborate on scientific research focused on understanding human behaviour, and how that impacts decision making and thus society more broadly. The workshop welcomes researchers from all fields, but not limited to, Applied & Experimental Economics, Social Marketing, Psychology, Sociology, Social Psychology & Evolutionary Psychology, Evolutionary Biology, Education, Health, Demography, Sexuality & Gender, Political Science, Religion, Anthropology, Scientometrics, Sports research, Engineering, Mathematics, Management, Business Studies, Creative Industries, and Philosophy.
- Laura Bray – Senior Lecturer and Deputy Director of the ARC Training Centre for Cell and Tissue Engineering Technologies, IHBI, Queensland University of Technology, Australia.
- Robert C. Brooks – Professor of Evolution and Director of the Evolution & Ecology Research Centre at the University of New South Wales in Sydney, Australia.
- Melissa Bull – Professor of Justice & Law and Director of the QUT Centre for Justice, Queensland University of Technology, Australia.
- Megan Godwin – PhD Candidate, BEST, QUT Business School, Queensland University of Technology, Australia.
- Andreas Ortmann – Professor of Experimental & Behavioural Economics, UNSW Business School, University of New South Wales in Sydney, Australia.
- Annette Quayle – Senior Lecturer in the School of Accountancy, QUT Business School, Queensland University of Technology, Australia.
- Ariel Rubinstein – Professor of Economics, School of Economics at Tel Aviv University and the Department of Economics at New York University.
- Stephen Whyte – Research Fellow and Deputy Program Lead (Behavioural Economics and Public Policy), BEST, QUT Business School, Queensland University of Technology, Australia.
To learn more about our plenary speakers, click HERE. To learn more about our “Gender in Science” round table speakers, click HERE.
BEST Conference 2023
BEST Conference 2022
- BEST Conference 2022 Session Presentations
- 2022 Plenary Speakers
- Program for the BEST 2022 Conference!
- BEST Conference 2022 Important Info Sheet
- View Photos from the 2022 conference
BEST Conference 2021
- 2021 Plenary Speakers
- “Gender in Science” Round Table Speakers
- Final Program for the BEST 2021 Conference!
- BEST Conference 2021 Important Info Sheet
- BEST Conference 2021 Session Presentations
- View Photos from the 2021 conference
BEST Conference 2020
- 2020 Plenary Speakers
- Check out the Final Program for the BEST 2020 Conference!
- View Photos from the 2020 conference
- BEST 2020 Session Presentations