The BEST Service Offering
Why Work With Us
The BEST service offering:
The BEST Centre offers a range of evidence-based services, processes and methods to analyse behaviours, address social and wicked problems, evaluate evidence, create transformation, help individuals make better decisions, and bring together trans-disciplinary researchers.
We call our service offering the BEST IDEA (Insight, Design, Evaluate, Achieve). This approach consists of 4 stages commencing with Insight generation and ending with Achievement.
The BEST IDEA is a behavioural approach to solving problems that impact society and the economy.
- This stage integrates methods and theories from behavioural economics and social marketing to have rigorous human-centered processes for developing insights about population segments. There are three steps involved in generating insights; defining the organisational problem, benchmarking and identifying the behavioural barriers and motivations and the user problem.
- This stage involves designing (and in many cases co-designing) solutions that address key behavioural barriers and leverage motivators. There are three steps in designing solutions; Ideation and concept development, prototype/Solution development and market research and user testing.
- This stage involves measuring the effectiveness of solutions (process, outputs, outcomes and impact). There are three steps in evaluation; identifying the desirability, viability and feasibility of solution/prototypes, forecasting and simulating, pilot-testing and impact studies.
- This stage is the implementation of the solution to achieve impact through regulation, policy or altered organisational processes. There are three steps; strategic alignment, stakeholder engagement and development of artefacts (guides, manuals and toolkits).
The projects at BEST can focus on one of these components or can cover the entire process.
The BEST Centre works with partners using all of these services in a sequenced program or focusing on individual services in a bespoke project.
So if you have a social issue that needs all or some of these services we’d love to partner with you.
Our value proposition:
- Evidence-based and scientific approach
- Creative solutions by the brightest minds
- Transdisciplinary innovation
- Proven track record
- The breadth of consultancy with the depth of science
We have experience across multiple sectors, including but not limited to:
- Alcohol Consumption
- Biomedical Devices
- Blood Donation
- Breast Screening
- Consumer Affairs
- Health Screening
- Healthy Eating
- News and Media Consumption
- Respectful Relationships
- Sexual Health
- Water Compliance
We solve problems with the consumer, not for the consumer – and ensuring the journey is a happy one for everyone involved is a priority!
Our tools and techniques:
- Data Scraping and Analysis
- Service Design
- Social Media Listening
- Focus groups
- Systematic literature reviews