PhD (Griffith University), MAdmin (Griffith University), LLB (University of Queensland), BA (University of Queensland)Professor Myles McGregor-Lowndes OAM is the former Director of The Australian Centre of Philanthropy and Nonprofit Studies (ACPNS). He has written extensively about nonprofit tax and regulation, nonprofit legal entities, government grants and standard charts of accounts as a means of reducing the compliance burden. He is a founding member of the ATO Charities Consultative Committee and the Australian Charities and Not for Profits Commission Advisory Board. In June 2003, Myles was awarded a Medal of the Order of Australia (OAM) "For service to the community by providing education and support in legal, financial and administrative matters to nonprofit organisations." Links with sector:
- Queensland Law Society
- Hon. member of Fundraising Institute - Australia
- Founding Director - Australian and New Zealand Third Sector Research Limited
- Member of International Third Sector Research
- Legal consultant with Paxton-Hall Lawyers
- Law, regulation and taxation of nonprofit corporations
- Public policy relating to philanthropic and nonprofit matters.