Doctor of Philosophy (Auckland University of Technology), Masters of Business (Auckland University of Technology)Background Belinda joined QUT in 2007, previously having worked as Lecturer and Course Coordinator in Accounting and Taxation in the School of Accountancy Law and Finance at Unitec in Auckland, New Zealand. Prior to joining the tertiary sector in 2003, Belinda worked as a tax manager for PricewaterhouseCoopers in Australia, Ukraine, Papua New Guinea and China. Her international experience includes developing Unitec's introductory accounting course for delivery in China. Belinda's research interests include reporting and accountability in third sector organisations, and she has published widely in these areas. Research interests
- Accounting and accountability
- Social enterprise
- Third sector
Projects (Chief investigator)
- Williamson A, Luke B, Furneaux C, (2019) Privateness, accountability and philanthropic foundations, Third Sector Review, 25 (2), pp. 147-176.
- Barraket J, Eversole R, Luke B, Barth S, (2019) Resourcefulness of locally-oriented social enterprises: Implications for rural community development, Journal of Rural Studies, 70, pp. 188-197.
- Williamson A, Luke B, Furneaux C, (2018) Why be accountable? Exploring voluntary accountability of Australian private ancillary funds, Australian Journal of Public Administration, 77 (3), pp. 375-391.
- Luke B, Kearins K, Verreynne M, (2017) 'Pushing the boundaries' versus identifying the boundaries: an institutional perspective on NPM principles, Australian Accounting Review, 27 (3), pp. 285-296.
- Williamson A, Luke B, Leat D, Furneaux C, (2017) Founders, families, and futures: Perspectives on the accountability of Australian Private Ancillary Funds, Nonprofit and Voluntary Sector Quarterly, 46 (4), pp. 747-771.
- Luke B, (2017) Statement of social performance: Opportunities and barriers to adoption, Social and Environmental Accountability Journal, 37 (2), pp. 118-136.
- Luke B, (2016) Red Cross: The power of humanity, Nongovernmental organization case studies in leadership from around the world, pp. 15-24.
- Ling S, Barraket J, Luke B, McLaughlin J, (2015) Acquaintance or partner? Social economy organizations, institutional logics and regional development in Australia, Entrepreneurship and Regional Development, 27 (3 - 4), pp. 219-254.
- Luke B, (2015) What is missing? Rethinking student absences, Accounting Education, 24 (6), pp. 569-572.
- Miles M, Verreynne M, Luke B, (2014) Social enterprises and the performance advantages of a Vincentian marketing orientation, Journal of Business Ethics, 123 (4), pp. 549-556.