PhD (University of New South Wales), Master in Economics (Finance) (Shandong University), BA (Honours) (Other), BA (Other)
Dr Yuyu Zhang is a senior lecturer in School of Accountancy at Queensland University of Technology (QUT).
Yuyu is the post graduate subject area coordinator for Professional Accounting and Accounting majors in 2019 and 2020.
Yuyu obtained her PhD at UNSW in 2013. Her research and teaching is in the areas of auditing, financial accounting and corporate governance. She has published articles in journals such as Auditing: A Journal of Practice & Theory, Journal of Business Ethics, Accounting and Finance, Australian Accounting Review, and Accounting Research Journal.
Prior to her academic appointments, Yuyu had extensive work experience in the banking sector, with the roles of trade finance, risk management and internal audit.
- Cullen G, Gasbarro D, Monroe G, Shailer G, Zhang Y, (2018) Bank audit fees and asset securitization risks, Auditing p21-48
- Liao L, Lin T, Zhang Y, (2018) Corporate board and corporate social responsibility assurance: Evidence from China, Journal of Business Ethics p211-225
- Zhang Y, (2017) Corporate social responsibility assurance, Encyclopedia of business and professional ethics p1-5
- Zhang Y, (2017) Client importance and audit quality, office level evidence from the banking industry: a pitch, Accounting Research Journal p1-8
- Carson E, Fargher N, Zhang Y, (2019) Explaining auditors' propensity to issue going-concern opinions in Australia after the global financial crisis, Accounting and Finance p2415-2453
- Lee H, Zhang Y, Hutchinson M, (2017) Auditors' gender differences and client portfolios, Journal of Contemporary Accounting and Economics Doctoral Consortium and Annual Symposium 2017: Proceedings p265-332
- Carson E, Zhang Y, Fargher N, (2017) Auditor's reports in Australia 2005-2015: an updated analysis
- Carson E, Fargher N, Zhang Y, (2016) Trends in auditor reporting in Australia: A synthesis and opportunities for research, Australian Accounting Review p226-242
- Zhang Y, Liao L, (2015) Corporate social responsibility assurance: Theory, regulations and practice in China, Social audit regulation: Development, challenges and opportunities [CSR, Sustainability, Ethics and Governance] p131-154
- Carson E, Zhang Y, Fargher N, (2014) Audit reports in Australia 2005-2013: a preliminary analysis
- Fair Value Measurements, Key Audit Matters and Audit Quality: Evidence from the International Banking Industry Introduction
PhD, Principal Supervisor
Other supervisors: Dr Troy Yao
- Transparency and Incentives for Disclosing Segment Information: Evidence from Australian Listed Firms
PhD, Associate Supervisor
Other supervisors: Professor Pamela Kent
- Accounting-based Relative Performance Evaluation, Peer Firms' Analyst Earnings Forecasts and Managerial Decision Making
PhD, Principal Supervisor
Other supervisors: Dr Elisabeth Sinnewe