Quality control exercises that assess proficiency of individuals who contribute to pollen identification and quantification (counting) should be considered important components of quality assurance systems to provide confidence in the accuracy pollen monitoring data and enable reliable pollen forecast. The purpose of this project was to examine the counting proficiency of pollen counters who contribute to daily pollen information at established pollen monitoring sites of the AusPollen Aerobiology Collaboration Network.
Project Duration: April 2018 – June 2020
Funding / Grants
- National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC) (2018 - 2020)
Other Team Members
- Associate Professor Paul J. Beggs, Macquarie University, Sydney
- Professor Bircan Erbas, La Trobe University, Melbourne
- Dr Penelope Jones, University of Tasmania, Hobart
- Milic, Andelija, Addison-Smith, Beth, Jones, Penelope, Beggs, Paul, Erbas, Bircan, Davies, Janet (2020) Quality control of pollen identification and quantification exercise for the AusPollen Aerobiology Collaboration Network: a pilot study Aerobiologia, 36 (1), pp.83-87.