Saeideh Hajighasemi is a PhD student at Allergy Research Group and her research will address how exposure to allergen, specifically grass pollen, affects allergic patients’ capacity to mount an effective antiviral response to coronaviruses, including SARS-CoV2. She holds a Bachelor of Science in Cell and Molecular Biology-Microbiology (2011) and a Master of Science in Medical Biotechnology (2016). Prior to joining Allergy Research Group, she participated in a project to design a biological pacemaker through gene- and cell- based approaches to fix arrhythmic conditions with sinoatrial node failure basis. She has received an admission offer and been awarded a QUT Postgraduate Research Award (QUTPRA) (International) and QUT HDR Tuition Fee Sponsorship for her studies at QUT. She was also Granted an offer of University International Postgraduate Award (UIPA) from University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia.
- Gorabi AM*, Hajighasemi S*, Kiaie N, Hayat SM, Jamialahmadi T, Johnston TP, Sahebkar A. The pivotal role of CD69 in autoimmunity. Journal of autoimmunity. 2020 Jul 1;111:102453. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jaut.2020.102453 (* Equally contributed as the first author)
- Gorabi AM, Kiaie N, Hajighasemi S, Banach M, Penson PE, Jamialahmadi T, Sahebkar A. Statin-Induced Nitric Oxide Signaling: Mechanisms and Therapeutic Implications. Journal of clinical medicine. 2019 Dec;8(12):2051. https://doi.org/10.3390/jcm8122051
- Gorabi AM, Kiaie N*, Hajighasemi S*, Jamialahmadi T, Majeed M, Sahebkar A. The Effect of Curcumin on the Differentiation of Mesenchymal Stem Cells into Mesodermal Lineage. Molecules. 2019 Nov;7(22):4029. https://doi.org/10.3390/molecules24224029 (* Equally contributed)
- Gorabi AM*, Hajighasemi S*, Sathyapalan T, Sahebkar A. Cell transfer‐based immunotherapies in cancer: A review. IUBMB life. 2019 Oct 21. https://doi.org/10.1002/iub.2180 (* Equally contributed as the first author)
- Gorabi AM*, Hajighasemi S*, Kiaie N, Rosano GM, Sathyapalan T, Al-Rasadi K, Sahebkar A. Anti-fibrotic effects of curcumin and some of its analogues in the heart. Heart failure reviews. 2019 Sep 11:1-3. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10741-019-09854-6 (* Equally contributed as the first author)
- Gorabi AM, Banach M, Reiner Ž, Pirro M, Hajighasemi S, Johnston TP., Sahebkar A. “The Role of Mesenchymal Stem Cells in Atherosclerosis: Prospects for Therapy via the Modulation of Inflammatory Milieu”. Journal of Clinical Medicine. 2019 Sep;8(9):1413. https://doi.org/10.3390/jcm8091413
- Hajighasemi S, Gorabi AM, Bianconi V, Pirro M, Banach M, Reiner Ž, et al. “A review of gene- and cell-based therapies for familial hypercholesterolemia”. Pharmacological Research. 2019 Mar 22. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.phrs.2019.03.016
- Gorabi AM, Hajighasemi S, Tafti HA, Atashi A, Soleimani M, Aghdami N, Saeid AK, Khori V, Panahi Y, Sahebkar A. “TBX18 transcription factor overexpression in human‐induced pluripotent stem cells increases their differentiation into pacemaker‐like cells”. Journal of cellular physiology. 2019 Feb;234 (2):1534-46. https://doi.org/10.1002/jcp.27018
- Gorabi AM, Hajighasemi S, Khori V, Soleimani M, Rajaei M, Rabbani S, Atashi A, Ghiaseddin A, Saeid AK, Tafti HA, Sahebkar A. “Functional biological pacemaker generation by T-Box18 protein expression via stem cell and viral delivery approaches in a murine model of complete heart block”. Pharmacological research. 2019 Jan 21. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.phrs.2019.01.034
- Gorabi AM, Hajighasemi S, Tafti HA, Soleimani M, Panahi Y, Ganjali S, Sahebkar A. “Gene therapy in cardiovascular diseases: A review of recent updates”. Journal of cellular biochemistry. 2018 Dec;119 (12):9645-54. https://doi.org/10.1002/jcb.27303
- Hjighasemi S, Azad M, Karimipoor M, Rahimi H, Foroughi F, et al. “Dual Effects of Omega -6, and -9 Fatty Acids on Ovarian Cancer Cell Viability and Their Ability to Induce Apoptosis”. Adv Proteomics Bioinform. 2018 May: APBI-106. DOI: 10.29011/APBI -106.100006.