Beth has had a varied career in research and academia, with much focus on scientific programming, but also including practical engineering, high performance computing support (programming, data visualisation, mainframe system support), and in mathematical biology. She has worked for the CSIRO Division of Mineral Engineering, Wollongong University Department of Mechanical Engineering, and at QUT in Mechanical Engineering, Computing Services, Department of Mathematics (research and teaching), and most recently in the Allergy Research Group.
- Association between Google Trends and Grass Pollen exposures in Queensland, Australia
- Association between Grass Pollen exposures and Over the Counter Allergy Medication sales in Subtropical Queensland
- Grass Gazers: Citizen Science Project
- Investigation of the Sustainability of Pollen Monitoring (SPM)
- Milic, Andelija, Addison-Smith, Beth, Jones, Penelope, Beggs, Paul, Erbas, Bircan, Davies, Janet (2020) Quality control of pollen identification and quantification exercise for the AusPollen Aerobiology Collaboration Network: a pilot study Aerobiologia, 36 (1), pp.83-87.