Planning for healthy ageing
Ageing populations worldwide raise pressing legal, health, social and policy challenges relating to: capacity and decision making; healthcare; financial security; accommodation; elder abuse and ageism.
Our research focuses on:
- capacity and decision-making
- assessing incapacity
- cognitive impairment including dementia
- substitute decision-making
- future planning including wills and power of attorney
- financial security
- accommodation (including retirement villages and aged care facilities)
- elder abuse
- human rights of older persons, including discrimination and ageism
- access to justice
- Learn more about the Planning for Healthy Ageing research program.