End of life
Challenging legal issues must be addressed at the end of life to ensure that people can die as well as possible.
Our research explores legal, ethical and policy issues in death and dying, including:
- withholding and withdrawing life-sustaining medical treatment
- provision of futile treatment at end of life
- capacity determinations for medical treatment at the end of life
- advance care planning
- palliative care
- voluntary assisted dying and euthanasia
- organ and tissue donation.
Professor Shih-Ning Then
Associate Professor Andrew McGee
Dr Sam Boyle
Dr Eliana Close
Dr Katrine Del Villar
Dr Rachel Feeney
- Learn more about the End of Life research program.
- Learn more about End of Life research projects.
- Learn more about our Australian Research Council Future Fellowship research project.
- Visit the End of Life Law in Australia website.