Doctor of Philosophy (University of Queensland)
Sandeep completed his first degree in science, and subsequent MBA (Marketing), from Bangalore, India. After a few years of working in industry, he obtained his Master of Marketing Management (Hons I) at Griffith University, and later a PhD at the University of Queensland.
His PhD thesis uses the dynamic capabilities view to examine service innovation-based competitive strategy pursued by entrepreneurial project-oriented firms. Several papers from his research are under development and his work has been accepted for publication in leading academic journals including the Industrial Marketing Management journal and the Journal of Business Research. His research work has also been presented at prestigious domestic and international conferences.
Sandeep is associated with three large ARC Discovery projects both at the QUT Business School and at UQ Business School. He also has teaching interests across marketing/ management and has been involved in pro bono consulting to small businesses in South East Queensland.
Sandeep was the recipient of the 2007 Growing the Smart State PhD Funding Program award from the Queensland Government.
- Service innovation-based competitive strategy
- Dynamic capabilities in ‘project-oriented’ firms
- Service entrepreneurship and innovation
- Technology acceptance.
- Salunke S, Weerawardena J, McColl-Kennedy JR, (2019) The central role of knowledge integration capability in service innovation-based competitive strategy, Industrial Marketing Management p144-156
- Weerawardena J, Salunke S, Knight G, Sullivan Mort GM, Liesch P, (2019) The learning subsystem interplay in service innovation in born global service firm internationalization, Industrial Marketing Management p1-15
- Athaide GA, Salunke S, (2019) A model of post-installation seller-buyer interactions in technology-based industrial markets, Finding new ways to engage and satisfy global customers: Proceedings of the 2018 Academy of Marketing Science (AMS) World Marketing Congress (WMC) (Developments in Marketing Science: Proceedings of the Academy of Marketing Science) p289-290
- Wijekoon AM, Salunke S, (2018) Customer heterogeneity and innovation: A systematic review of the literature, Proceedings of the 32nd Australian and New Zealand Academy of Management (ANZAM) Conference p1
- Weerawardena J, Sullivan Mort GM, Salunke S, Knight G, Liesch P, (2015) The role of the market sub-system and the socio-technical sub-system in innovation and firm performance: a dynamic capabilities approach, Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science p221-239
- Salunke S, Weerawardena J, McColl-Kennedy JR, (2013) Competing through service innovation: The role of bricolage and entrepreneurship in project-oriented firms, Journal of Business Research p1085-1097
- Mlozi S, Pesamaa O, Haahti A, Salunke S, (2012) Determinants of place identity and dependence: The case of international tourists in Tanzania, Tourism, Culture and Communication p97-114
- Salunke S, Weerawardena J, McColl-Kennedy JR, (2011) Towards a model of dynamic capabilities in innovation-based competitive strategy: Insights from project-oriented service firms, Industrial Marketing Management p1251-1263
- Davidsson P, James N, Salunke S, Tonelli M, (2010) Learning and adaptation in the business creation process, https://www.qut.edu.au/research/?a=42355 p1-12
- Davidsson P, Salunke S, Tonelli M, (2010) The role of family in new business start-ups, http://eprints.qut.edu.au/38502/1/ACE_CAUSEE_Report__Role_of_Family.pdf p1-8