Doctor of Philosophy (University of Queensland)
Sandeep completed his first degree in science, and subsequent MBA (Marketing), from Bangalore, India. After a few years of working in industry, he obtained his Master of Marketing Management (Hons I) at Griffith University, and later a PhD at the University of Queensland.
His PhD thesis uses the dynamic capabilities view to examine service innovation-based competitive strategy pursued by entrepreneurial project-oriented firms. Several papers from his research are under development and his work has been accepted for publication in leading academic journals including the Industrial Marketing Management journal and the Journal of Business Research. His research work has also been presented at prestigious domestic and international conferences.
Sandeep is associated with three large ARC Discovery projects both at the QUT Business School and at UQ Business School. He also has teaching interests across marketing/ management and has been involved in pro bono consulting to small businesses in South East Queensland.
Sandeep was the recipient of the 2007 Growing the Smart State PhD Funding Program award from the Queensland Government.
- Service innovation-based competitive strategy
- Dynamic capabilities in ‘project-oriented’ firms
- Service entrepreneurship and innovation
- Technology acceptance.
- Weerawardena J, Sullivan Mort GM, Salunke S, Knight G, Liesch P, (2015) The role of the market sub-system and the socio-technical sub-system in innovation and firm performance: a dynamic capabilities approach, Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science p221-239
- Salunke S, Weerawardena J, McColl-Kennedy JR, (2013) Competing through service innovation: The role of bricolage and entrepreneurship in project-oriented firms, Journal of Business Research p1085-1097
- Mlozi S, Pesamaa O, Haahti A, Salunke S, (2012) Determinants of place identity and dependence: The case of international tourists in Tanzania, Tourism, Culture and Communication p97-114
- Salunke S, Weerawardena J, McColl-Kennedy JR, (2011) Towards a model of dynamic capabilities in innovation-based competitive strategy: Insights from project-oriented service firms, Industrial Marketing Management p1251-1263
- Salunke S, Weerawardena J, McColl-Kennedy JR, (2013) Conceptualizing the interplay of knowledge accumulation and integration capabilities in service innovation-based competitive strategy: a project-oriented firm context, Looking Forward, Looking Back: Proceedings of the 16th Biennial World Marketing Congress p279
- Weerawardena J, Sullivan Mort GM, Liesch P, Knight G, Salunke S, (2012) Capability presence in the newly internationalizing firm, Proceedings of the 54th Annual Meeting of the Academy of International Business p232
- Weerawardena J, Liesch P, Sullivan Mort GM, Knight G, Salunke S, (2012) The newly internationalizing firm and its capabilities, Proceedings of the 2012 Australia and New Zealand International Business Academy (ANZIBA) Annual Conference p1
- Pesamaa O, Salunke S, Davidsson P, (2011) The role of digressive learning and uniqueness on performance: longitudinal evidence from young firms, Regional Frontiers of Entrepreneurship Research 2011: Proceedings of the 8th AGSE International Entrepreneurship Research Exchange p1-15
- Salunke S, Weerawardena J, McColl-Kennedy JR, (2009) Conceptualising and measuring service innovation in project-oriented service firms, Proceedings of the Australian and New Zealand Marketing Academy (ANZMAC) Conference 2009 p1-7
- Salunke S, Weerawardena J, McColl-Kennedy JR, (2009) Examining the role of dynamic combinative capability and learning in service innovation-based performance in project-oriented service firms, Proceedings of the Australian and New Zealand Marketing Academy (ANZMAC) Conference 2009 p1-9