• João Ferreira is a Professor of Management at the University of Beira Interior (UBI), Portugal. He holds a PhD in Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management from the Autonomous University of Barcelona (UAB), Spain.
• João’s research focuses on the interface of strategy and entrepreneurship. His research interests include strategic management, competitiveness, international business, strategic entrepreneurship, and knowledge transfer.
• He has published in many leading journals, including Regional Studies, IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management, Technological Forecasting & Social Change, Journal of Business Research, Journal of Cleaner Production, R&D in Management, International Business Review, Journal of Technology Transfer, Management Decision, among others.
• He is Co-Editor of the Journal of Small Business Enterprise Development, and Associate Editor of Management Decision, Journal of Management and Organization, Journal of the Knowledge Economy, and he is on the Editorial Board of several journals.
• He is Book Series Editor: De Gruyter Studies in KM and Entrepreneurial Ecosystems (https://www.degruyter.com/serial/dgskmee-b/html)
• He is currently the Director of the PhD Program in Management at UBI, and he has coordinated the UBI Research Unit for Business Sciences (NECE), Portugal (2013 and 2021)
• He is a Steering Committee member of the Regional Helix conference.
For more details:
Google Scholar Profile here.
Web of Science Researcher ID: K-7669-2012