‘Service 2020’ is an Economist Intelligence Unit report, commissioned and sponsored by BDO. The report captures the views of 479 business leaders. Covering business-to-business and business-to-consumer models, the report explores how successful organisations have built and subsequently sustained excellent client service and, most excitingly, provides a blueprint for the prioritisation of service development opportunities.
The research findings fall into eight megatrends which will define service in the future.
- Global competition will drive up service standards
- Companies must maintain service standards in the face of the need for speed
- Organisations must learn to use the increased transparency brought by social media to their advantage
- Companies must use new sources and types of data to rethink the way they track and personalise their service
- Good employees will remain fundamental to good service but with technology as an enabler
- More organisations will outsource aspects of customer service to new kinds of specialists
- The rise of the mass affluent and other customer segments will force companies to find new product or service niches
- Customer expectations, including the purpose of the store, are evolving with new technology
If you would like to receive each of the megatrends as they are published, please email BDO at email@example.com.