This website is an innovative forum between researchers and writers, sex workers, sex work organisations and the media. It includes a blog, with insights from researchers and sex workers and a collection of books and research reports about male sex work.
We support the development of a social enterprise that is ethically operated and entrepreneurially responsible, through:
- engagement: sharing reliable, research-based knowledge
- professionalism: exploring topics that move escorting into a more professional and decriminalised activity
- credibility: expert, evidence-based commentary
- wellness: promoting health, and high standards in male escorting – for both people who seek the services of escorts as well as the escorts themselves
- global reach: a global perspective and promoting decriminalization of sex work is an important human rights issue (see Amnesty International policy).
Our website is the result of a joint research collaboration between Professor John Scott of Queensland University of Technology (QUT) and renowned social scientist, Professor Victor Minichiello (http://victorminichiello.com.au/).* Together, they authored a book, Male Sex Work and Society, which explores male sex work from different perspectives.
Visit QUT law research for more about our research activities.